How durable are polyaspartic floors? Polyaspartic has been a leader in durability and weather resistance since its introduction in 1980. Though it was to preserve bridges and other steel structures from corrosion, poly aspartic has since become a standard in the homes and businesses of millions of Americans.
What is a Polyaspartic Floor Coating?
Polyaspartic coatings are frequently put on floors to reduce wear and damage. They are very resistant to scratches, and other impacts. These coatings may be used on various surfaces, including wood and concrete, and are usually sprayed in numerous layers with a roller, brush, or spray gun. Polyaspartic floor coatings are well-known for their durability. They are stainless and UV resistant.
Concrete Pros INC provides Polyaspartic flooring services in the Colorado area.
Benefits of Polyaspartic Floors
Despite the initial cost, these floors have numerous advantages when used in garages, basements, kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas:
- Polyaspartic flooring is highly robust. This makes them ideal for industrial and commercial settings.
- Polyaspartic floors can be installed in one day, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
- Polyaspartic floors are versatile because they can be applied over concrete, wood, and other surfaces, making them an excellent choice for various surfaces.
- Polyaspartic floors are simple to clean and maintain, making them ideal for busy areas that require frequent cleaning.
- Polyaspartic floors are water-based and contain few VOCs, making them a safe and environmentally friendly option.
How Long Do Polyaspartic Floors Last?
These flooring may last up to 25 years with reasonable care and usually last between 10-15 years. To keep your floor in good condition, sweep or vacuum it regularly and clean it with a damp mop and pH-neutral cleaner. Cleaning chemicals with abrasives and intense scrubbing should be avoided since they can harm the floor’s surface.
How to Maintain Polyaspartic Floors
- To remove dirt and debris from the floor, vacuum or sweep it regularly. Over time, the abrasive elements of dirt and debris can cause damage to the floor.
- Use a soft cloth mop and a neutral pH cleaner to clean the floor. Avoid harsh cleaning agents since they might harm the polyaspartic floor’s finish.
- Place mats or rugs at entrances in busy areas to prevent dirt and debris from being tracked onto the floor.
- Place furniture, appliances, and other heavy items on felt pads or coasters to prevent scratches.
- Don’t drag furniture and other items across the floor that can cause scratches.
- Waxing the floor should be avoided because it can cause a wax buildup that will interfere with the performance of the polyaspartic floor.
- Harsh scrubbers and abrasive cleansers should be avoided since they might ruin the floor’s polish.
The Bottom Line
When comparing the cost of a polyaspartic floor to an epoxy floor, it’s important to remember the differences between the two coatings. When properly maintained, epoxy can last 5-10 years without needing repairs, whereas polyaspartic can last up to 25 years. The initial investment for a polyaspartic floor may seem daunting, but when considering up to 25 years of protection and durability, it is an excellent investment. Contact us today for a free consultation, the experts at Concrete Pros INC will be happy to assist you.